Easily Train Your Paraeducators
On Important Special Education Topics
Online Professional Development for Paraeducators
Paraeducators play a critical role in helping certified and licensed school staff serve an increasingly diverse student population. With the Exceptional Child Online Professional Development System, you can easily deliver training to your paraeducators.
Training is accessible 24/7 from any web-enabled device, and administrators can easily assign courses and track completions for paraeducators across your school or district.Request a Demo
Engaging, online courses cover key topics to help your paraeducators be successful!
Courses are written by nationally recognized experts, including Dr. Kent Gerlah, who is widely recognized for his contributions, research, and consultation at a state and district level on paraeducator employment, training, and supervision.
- Paraeducator roles and responsibilities
- Clarification of paraeducator vs. supervising teacher roles
- Understanding school and/or district policies and procedures
- Ethics and professionalism
- Teacher and paraeducator teamwork
- Assisting and supporting teachers with curriculum and instruction
- Managing student behavior
- Assisting students with special needs
- Understanding IDEA and Section 504
New Essentials Courses
Our new Essentials Courses offer short 15-20 minute introductions for paraeducators and other support staff:
- Paraeducators: Roles and Responsibilities
- Special Education Introductions
- ADHD Overview
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Overview
- Emotional Behavioral Disorder (EBD) Overview
- Additional Essentials Courses Coming Soon!